Monday, November 5, 2012

Kramer Chapter 2

  In Chapter 2 in Kramer's article he tried answering the question, "why do college students work so much?" In today's society, prices for school are way to high. Kramer writes about how school prices are going up each year. What this does is makes students work more hours at low wage jobs so they can try and collect as much money as they can for college. Students today are swamped with college loans until they are 40. Its like a small morage. As a college student I can relate to the issue. Even though I go to a SUNY school and prices are lower, I still have to take out loans each year. If the prices continue to rise I believe that some students will make it into schools they want but won't be able to afford them. The raising of prices can make students study at community schools for a year or two to save some money and then later transfer. Maybe even some colleges lowering prices or be forced to close.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment