In Chapter 2 Daum's passage "We're Lying: Safe Sex and White Lies in the Time of Aids" is a reality check type of scary. The things that we can contract and do to our bodies are scary. If your not carful a sexual transmitted diseases or prgnancy could potentially ruin your life. In the article the description of the diseases such as AIDS are horrific an unforgiving. It really makes you think of what I can do to my body now as a kid that will effect me when I am older. Just like in Daum's writing about trust, I can trust the friends I associate with today. Its sad that everyone today is a mystery and you really don't know you can trust people for awhile. I saw a speaker not to long ago about save sex and what not. She had told me that what she had thought to be safe sex ended up to her getting herpes. It hurt her life in so many ways, yet she keeps a perky attitude about it. By her going out speaking about safe sex she inspires others.
No comments:
Post a Comment